Saturday, November 21, 2015

Walking Watertown the A streets


This week I decided that I would walk more. I had heard about a blog about a man who decided to walk all the streets in New York City. I live in an upside town I visited the city website found a map and decided to start with the A's.  I wish I'd come up with this plan at a better time of year, it's a difficult when it's the temperatures are hovering in the 30's. I did something I never do I actually left for lunch I found the first Street a small street called Academy Place. It's difficult to tell, I think I may have walk through the backyards.  The street looks more like a driveway and was located next to a small playground.

The next evening we chose Addison Street, a small two block street with a view of the city. That night was a little warmer, so we actually ventured on to finish up some of Main Street. A little more activity on Main Street tonight a lot of traffic a lot of sirens.

Thursday brought us to Academy Street. It was raining so we adopted to forgo the walk, stop for Chinese in a little strip mall, by the time we have finished eating the rain stopped so we decided to take the two mile trip up and down Academy. Academy is a lovely wide tree lined street that runs from the park 2 Washington Street.
No walk last night, stayed at my desk way too late.  The weeks total is over 50000 steps very pleased with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work, Cold Rush, Pre camping shopping